Thought this was a great image, captured when I randomly paused the A Christmas Story trailer.
A Christmas Story: Splat!
- The TV movie An Adventure in Space and Time is a charming tale about the three outcasts who laid the foundation to make Doctor Who a cultural juggernaut: Verity Lambert, Waris Hussein and William Hartnell.
- The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) work I performed for Robert Maier has led to a nearly doubling of sales of his great book Low Budget Hell: Making Underground Movies With John Waters.
- In this tutorial, I explain how to display full images properly in a WordPress gallery so that each image gets its own dedicated blog entry page, which you can use to draw more traffic to your website.
- My best advice: Don't write for free for anybody, especially yourself. On the Internet, there doesn't have to be any middleman standing in the way of a writer and his money.
- Matthew McConaughey's emaciated frame haunts and informs just about every frame of Dallas Buyers Club, the "based on a true story" of Ron Woodroof.
- It's entirely possibly to find one's career while working through jobs. Find what you love in what you do.
- This Self-Portrait was taken at the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse store in the Sherman Oaks Galleria in Sherman Oaks, California. Tough angle to catch myself in.
- Recently, the excellent cult film blog Goregirl's Dungeon asked me to help configure the site's DNS. This is actually not a complicated process, but can be completely mystifying.
- Lake Bell has set her directing debut within the milieu of voice-over artists, which is an area she clearly has a lot of affection for as she softly pokes fun at it.
- Me holding my cat Leo, aka Catzilla. From the look on his face, somebody is about to get messed up real bad.
- The Online Film Critics Society, an organization I've proudly been a member of the past few years, recently mailed out membership cards.
- This photo was taken in a reflective surface on the cover of a children's book called I See Me: A Mirror Board Book, written by Julie Aigner-Clark and illustrated by Nadeem Zaidi.There are several astonishing things about Alfonso Cuarón's Gravity, but the most shocking one is that it's only about 90 minutes long.For years, The Beat has been my favorite pop culture news and reviews website and I'm now helping out Editor-in-Chief Heidi MacDonald as her WordPress Helper Monkey.There's a Magilla Godzilla for sale!Rockers United is a Los Angeles based charity committed to fighting human trafficking. The organization holds concert events and auctions to raise money to stop this nefarious practice. They also asked me to build a website for them.A discussion on how I've improved the Page Speed on my website the Underground Film Journal over the years, including leveraged browser caching and gzip compression